Emperor Nicholas II, his family and members of the Tsar’s retinue leaving the Feodorovsky Sovereign Cathedral through the Royal or Tsar’s Porch. Tsarskoye Selo, 28th April 1913.
Poor Alexei, is seen being carried by one of his retainers
After the 1917 Revolution, the cathedral was closed. It was badly damaged during the Great Patriotic War, and fell into a terrible state of neglect and disrepair during the Soviet years. In 1991 the cathedral was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church, restoration of the Cathedral lasted nearly 20 years.
On 8th October 2019, members of the Cossack Convoy of the Holy Tsar Passion-bearer Nicholas II organized a tour of St. Petersburg and Tsarskoye Selo.